Where: Bargehouse, Oxo Tower Wharf, Bargehouse Street, South Bank, London SE1 9PH
When: 13 - 17 November 2019
Private View: 13 November 2019, 6.30pm - 8.30pm | RSVP NOW: firstname.lastname@example.org
Exhibition opening times: 11am - 6pm daily, admission free
Exhibition Fee: £260 (this permits Artists to exhibit up to four artworks, depending on the size)
Exhibit Here is so excited to announce that we will be returning to Bargehouse in November 2019. This entire monumental 4-storey raw warehouse space will once again be ours for one week and we can't wait to fill this vast blank canvas with all of your amazing art.
Bargehouse provides a unique and versatile backdrop for exhibitions and its location is amazing; it's situated within Oxo Tower Wharf on the South Bank of the River Thames, just behind the famous Oxo Tower. Its neighbours are Tate Modern, and the ITV Studios, which are just around the corner.
There are 13 different spaces within Bargehouse, each room is incredibly atmospheric with original features and quirks, and Exhibit Here is looking for 120 artists to transform them into a haunting and immersive maze of art.
There is no theme to the exhibition, it has been left open to encourage a diverse a response, however if your work has a haunting element to it, this would be a bonus as artwork of this nature would especially add to the overpowering atmosphere in Bargehouse.
If you would like the opportunity to showcase your work at Bargehouse simply register as an Exhibit Here artist (for free) and upload your artwork.
- Canvas or framed wall based artworks
- Small sculptures (please note artists must provide their own plinths)
- Large sculptures (to be displayed by the entrance on the ground floor)
- Video art
- Sound art
- Neon light work
- Log In
- Click 'Exhibition Entries'
- Click 'Add Photo'
- Enter the title of your artwork
- Enter the medium, framed/unframed, overall size in cm (please clearly state the width x height and include the frame if applicable), price and one short sentence about your submitted artwork
- Click 'Save and publish'
The closing date for entries is 3 November 2019, however if spaces are filled prior to this submissions will close sooner, it is therefore advisable you enter early to avoid disappointment.
Terms & Conditions of Entry
- Exhibit Here's Art Maze Exhibition is open to UK Artists aged 18 years or over.
- There is no charge to enter work into Exhibit Here's Art Maze Exhibition at Bargehouse and Artists only pay a £260 Exhibition Fee if selected. Exhibit Here Exhibition Fees vary depending on the cost of the venue hire, with each exhibition Exhibit Here charges the minimum fee possible to Artists who are selected, the fee is carefully calculated in order to ensure those costs are covered. The £260 Exhibition Fee contributes towards the following; Bargehouse hire fee, venue supervisor (required whilst installing and de-installing the exhibition), costs associated with the Private View (wine, glasses and bar tender), security guard (required during the Private View), exhibition posters, electricity, Public Liability Insurance, and the time spent organising and invigilating the event. The Exhibition Fee payment must be made online via bank transfer prior to artwork hanging. The Exhibition Fee is non-refundable.
- The £260 Exhibition Fee permits Artists to exhibit up to four artworks (depending on the size). Exhibit Here will discuss individual requirements with each selected Artist and we will do our upmost to accommodate those needs.
- Exhibit Here's Art Maze is open to Exhibit Here Artists only. Artists must become a member to submit work via the Exhibit Here site. There is no charge to register.
- Entries will only be accepted as JPEGS online via the Exhibit Here website from now until the closing date on 3 November 2019. Images of artwork must be cropped and a maximum size of 1MB. Artists must also ensure the file is given an easily identifiable name, such as full name followed by the title of the artwork.
- Entries must be work completed by the entrants themselves and must be their own original work. The Artist must be the sole author and owner of the copyright of all artwork entered, or if work is copied from a photograph or an image that is not the Artist's own, the Artist must have permission in writing from the copyright owner to use his or her work. Source material and proof of permission to use must be made available on request if necessary. Exhibit Here accepts no liability in the publication of unlawfully reproduced art.
- Artists are at liberty to sell their work, price at the Artist's discretion.
- Entries may be submitted from now until the closing date on 3 November 2019. No entries will be considered after the closing date.
- Successful candidates will be notified within fourteen days of submitting work.
- Selected Artists will be required to complete and return an Exhibition Agreement.
- There is a 10% commission charge on the sale of artworks plus a 2.75% PayPal transaction fee. Payment is made onsite via a PayPal Here Chip and PIN Card Reader. The Artist will receive payment within thirty days following the close of the exhibition on 18 November 2019 and payment will be made via bank transfer. Exhibit Here will only release the work to the buyer at the end of the exhibition once full payment has been made (please include the 10% commission charge and the 2.75% PayPal transaction fee in the price of your artwork).
- Copyright will remain with the Artist. By entering Exhibit Here's Art Maze Exhibition the Artist agrees to grant Exhibit Here the right to reproduce the artwork for any purpose in connection with the exhibition including publicity and marketing.
- The Artist is responsible for the transportation of all artwork to and from the exhibition. All artworks should be delivered ready to be installed.
- Artworks are to be clearly labelled on the back with the Artist's name, title, medium, size, price, contact number and email.
- The Artist must remove all bubble wrap and any other packaging upon delivery, as there is no storage space available at Bargehouse.
- The Artist must deliver and install their own artwork on 12 November 2019 between 12.30pm - 4.30pm.
- Artists will be allocated a space at Bargehouse in advance and will be responsible for installing their own artwork under Exhibit Here's guidance. Artists are permitted to drill/hammer nails into the walls and any holes must be made good at the end of the exhibition. Artists must ensure they have enough people to help with the installation of their work, especially if they are exhibiting large or heavy pieces. It is essential Artists bring any tools or equipment needed for installation, specifically nails, hammers and drills.
- Bargehouse require all electrical equipment to have a valid current PAT (Portable Appliance Tested) certification unless new and therefore holds a current makers guarantee (under 12 months). This includes any artwork which requires the use of electricity and installation equipment such as drills. Artists must ensure they bring the PAT certificate or makers guarantee with them on the install and de-install days. If the drill is cordless and pre-charged a PAT certificate is not necessary.
- Sculptors must provide their own plinth/s.
- The Artist is responsible for creating the wall labels for their work. The labels must include the following information; title of artwork, Artist name, medium and price in pounds. All labels must be printed rather than hand written. Blu tack is the only adhesive permitted by Bargehouse, which can be used to attach the labels to the walls and the Artist must provide this. Please note Velcro, sticky fixings and double-sided tape are not permitted.
- Artists are permitted to display business cards. Please do not attach any business cards to the wall.
- Exhibit Here's hire period expires on 18 November 2019. Artists MUST retrieve their work in person and make good any holes on 18 November 2019 between 10.30am - 1.30pm.
- Disclaimer - due to its limited resources Exhibit Here is unable to enter into any correspondence with individual Artists, acknowledge entries, or accept original artwork unless requested.
- Exhibit Here will not accept liability for any damage, loss, theft, fire or vandalism to work. Insurance is the responsibility of the Artist and work is exhibited at the Artists expense and risk.
- By submitting and/or exhibiting artwork in Exhibit Here's Art maze Exhibition, the Artist agrees to be legally bound the above terms.