When: 22 - 26 April 2020
Private View: 22 April 2020, 6.30pm - 8.30pm | RSVP NOW: firstname.lastname@example.org
Exhibition opening times: 11am - 6pm daily, admission free
Exhibition Fee: £270 (this permits Artists to exhibit up to four artworks, depending on the size)
Following on from the recent success of Exhibit Here's 2019 Art Maze Exhibition at Bargehouse in November, we are pleased to announce that we will be returning to this epic 4-storey raw warehouse space for the fourth time in April 2020 with a new show.
To coincide with Spring, Exhibit Here's Maze of Colour will bring this historic space to life with a spectacle of colour whilst exploring the different ways colour is used in art.
Bargehouse is a vast blank canvas, with 13 different spaces over four floors it's a fascinating venue to explore. It's historic, has original features and quirks, is incredibly atmospheric, and there is something interesting in every corner creating a unique backdrop for exhibitions and adding to the overall experience of the show. Plus, the location is amazing; it's situated within Oxo Tower Wharf on the South Bank of the River Thames, just behind the famous Oxo Tower. Its neighbours are Tate Modern, and the ITV Studios, which are just around the corner.
Theme of the exhibition: Colour
The theme of the exhibition is 'Colour', which can be interpreted in anyway, whether your work is bold and vibrant or you use colour in a more subtle way, the theme is open to encourage a diverse response.
- Canvas or framed wall-based artworks
- Small sculptures (please note artists must provide their own plinths)
- Large sculptures (to be displayed by the entrance on the ground floor)
- Video art
- Sound art
- Neon light work
If you would like the opportunity to showcase your work at Bargehouse simply register as an Exhibit Here artist (for free) and upload your artwork.
- Log In
- Click 'Exhibition Entries'
- Click 'Add Photo'
- Enter the title of your artwork
- Enter the medium, framed/unframed, overall size in cm (please clearly state the width x height and include the frame if applicable), price and one short sentence about your submitted artwork
- Click 'Save and publish'
The closing date for entries is 7 April 2020, however if spaces are filled prior to this submissions will close sooner, it is therefore advisable you enter early to avoid disappointment.
- Exhibit Here's Maze of Colour Exhibition is open to UK Artists aged 18 years or over.
- There is no charge to enter work into Exhibit Here's Maze of Colour Exhibition at Bargehouse and Artists only pay a £270 Exhibition Fee if selected. Exhibit Here Exhibition Fees vary depending on the cost of the venue hire, with each exhibition Exhibit Here charges the minimum fee possible to Artists who are selected, the fee is carefully calculated in order to ensure those costs are covered. The £270 Exhibition Fee contributes towards the following; Bargehouse hire fee, venue supervisor (required whilst installing and de-installing the exhibition), costs associated with the Private View (wine and bar tender), security guard (required during the Private View), exhibition posters, electricity, Public Liability Insurance, and the time spent organising and invigilating the event. The Exhibition Fee payment must be made online via bank transfer prior to artwork hanging. The Exhibition Fee is non-refundable.
- The £270 Exhibition Fee permits Artists to exhibit up to four artworks (depending on the size). Exhibit Here will discuss individual requirements with each selected Artist and we will do our upmost to accommodate those needs.
- Exhibit Here's Maze of Colour Exhibition is open to Exhibit Here Artists only. Artists must become a member to submit work via the Exhibit Here site. There is no charge to register.
- Entries will only be accepted as JPEGS online via the Exhibit Here website from now until the closing date on 7 April 2020. Images of artwork must be cropped and a maximum size of 1MB. Artists must also ensure the file is given an easily identifiable name, such as full name followed by the title of the artwork.
- Entries must be work completed by the entrants themselves and must be their own original work. The Artist must be the sole author and owner of the copyright of all artwork entered, or if work is copied from a photograph or an image that is not the Artist's own, the Artist must have permission in writing from the copyright owner to use his or her work. Source material and proof of permission to use must be made available on request if necessary. Exhibit Here accepts no liability in the publication of unlawfully reproduced art.
- Artists are at liberty to sell their work, price at the Artist's discretion.
- Entries may be submitted from now until the closing date on 7 April 2020. No entries will be considered after the closing date.
- Successful candidates will be notified within fourteen days of submitting work.
- Selected Artists will be required to complete and return an Exhibition Agreement.
- There is a 10% commission charge on the sale of artworks plus a 2.75% PayPal transaction fee. Payment is made onsite via a PayPal Here Chip and PIN Card Reader. The Artist will receive payment within thirty days following the close of the exhibition on 27 April 2020 and payment will be made via bank transfer. Exhibit Here will only release the work to the buyer at the end of the exhibition once full payment has been made (please include the 10% commission charge and the 2.75% PayPal transaction fee in the price of your artwork).
- Copyright will remain with the Artist. By entering Exhibit Here's Maze of Colour Exhibition the Artist agrees to grant Exhibit Here the right to reproduce the artwork for any purpose in connection with the exhibition including publicity and marketing.
- The Artist is responsible for the transportation of all artwork to and from the exhibition. All artworks should be delivered ready to be installed.
- Artworks are to be clearly labelled on the back with the Artist's name, title, medium, size, price, contact number and email.
- The Artist must remove all bubble wrap and any other packaging upon delivery, as there is no storage space available at Bargehouse.
- The Artist must deliver and install their own artwork on 21 April 2020 between 12.30pm - 4.30pm.
- Artists will be allocated a space at Bargehouse in advance and will be responsible for installing their own artwork under Exhibit Here's guidance. Artists are permitted to drill screws into the walls but any holes must be made good at the end of the exhibition. Artists must ensure they have enough people to help with the installation of their work, especially if they are exhibiting large or heavy pieces. The walls at Bargehouse are either brick or concrete and it is essential Artists bring the appropriate tools and equipment needed for installation, specifically screws and a drill.
- Bargehouse require all electrical equipment to have a valid current PAT (Portable Appliance Tested) certification unless new and therefore holds a current makers guarantee (under 12 months). This includes any artwork which requires the use of electricity, attachment cables, extension leads and installation equipment such as drills. If this applies, the Artist will be required to provide a copy of the PAT certificate or makers guarantee. If the drill is cordless and pre-charged a PAT certificate is not necessary.
- Sculptors must provide their own plinth/s.
- The Artist is responsible for creating the wall labels for their work. The labels must only include the following information; title of artwork, Artist name, medium and price in pounds. All labels must be printed rather than hand written. White tack is the only adhesive permitted by Bargehouse, which can be used to attach the labels to the walls and the Artist must provide this. Please note Velcro, sticky fixings and double-sided tape are not permitted.
- Artists are permitted to display business cards. Please do not attach any business cards to the wall.
- Exhibit Here's hire period expires on 27 April 2020. Artists MUST retrieve their work in person and make good any holes on 27 April 2020 between 10.30am - 1.30pm.
- Disclaimer - due to its limited resources Exhibit Here is unable to enter into any correspondence with individual Artists, acknowledge entries, or accept original artwork unless requested.
- Exhibit Here will not accept liability for any damage, loss, theft, fire or vandalism to work. Insurance is the responsibility of the Artist and work is exhibited at the Artists expense and risk.
- By submitting and/or exhibiting artwork in Exhibit Here's Maze of Colour Exhibition, the Artist agrees to be legally bound the above terms.